The Importance and Benefits of Private Tuition
All Parents want to provide their Child with the best possible education ensuring that they are equipped with the grades they need to pursue their future ambitions.
Every parent that enquires about working with our private tutors is totally dedicated to helping their children achieve the grades they require to get them into their desired universities, colleges or secondary schools.
While some parents take the initiative to devise timetables to ensure their child studies productively, we’ve noticed the increasingly popular option with parents in London is to opt for the experience and expertise knowledge of a professional private tutor.
The Benefits of One-to-One Tutoring
By opting for private tuition students can benefit from one-to-one attention and personalized lesson plans that specifically address their weaker subject areas. The private tutor will be able to quickly identify which areas of work a student is having trouble with and often by just using an alternative approach, or explaining something in a different way students are able to readily grasp difficult concepts.
Previously, it was only struggling students that would benefit from private tuition, however we’ve seen a change in recent years. Due to the increasingly competitive nature of getting into London’s top schools, colleges and Universities parents tend to seek the added help and assistance of a private tutor. Even for those who are excelling at school, private tuition can be of value, and has proven particularly popular during the time period leading up to the exam season.
Tutors can assist students with exam technique and work with them to fine tune their skills and knowledge to ensure they achieve the grades that they are aiming for.
We’ve found that struggling students are often glad of the chance to have an experienced tutor who has expert knowledge of a particular subject, as well as patience and understanding. Being able to discuss problems outside of the classroom environment is often a lot less daunting than doing so in front of peers. The confidence and resulting success that can be achieved through private tuition is invaluable, particularly when trying to secure a place in their first choice for university.
Students who lack motivation can also benefit from private tuition. No matter how bright and gifted a student is, if they are not willing to put the work in or simply find it difficult to concentrate over long periods of time, they will struggle to perform at their potential during the exams. Revision structure, exam practice and motivational techniques can all be provided by working with a private tutor. These are just examples of how tutors can help students with subject knowledge, confidence, time management and exam technique.
Our private tutors work at a the student’s pace, give personalized attention, understand how they learn and explore the best way to explain difficult topics to them. They work through specific learning obstacles with students, and teach them useful study and exam techniques.
1. Much smaller student to teacher ratio Because private tuition takes place in small groups or one-to-one, students are able to focus better and are taught in a way that specifically meets their own unique needs. Here at Inicio, students attend in groups of up to six children, but teaching is always one-to-one.
2. The right tutor At school, you don't have a choice about your teachers, but we match the child and the tutor following our first meeting with the child. This means students have a mentor who teaches in the most effective manner for their learning styles.
3. Extra review Often in school there is only a limited time to review a child's work and understanding. That may not always be enough. Having a private tutor gives students an extra chance to review the areas in which they may be struggling.
4. Homework help With a tutor, students enjoy having a guide who can make the topics that they're covering for homework less stressful, less of a chore and more of an effective learning experience.
5. Test practice For students who struggle with studying for tests, private tuition helps them to develop better study skills and ultimately to perform better in exams.
Because tutors develop a more personal relationship with their students, they are able to see and cultivate the potential within them. This is all too easy for teachers in school to miss, especially if a child is well-behaved or of average intelligence. This gives students increased confidence in their studies.
7. Saves parents and students time and effort Parents with busy schedules don't always have time to help their children with school work. Having a private tutor takes the pressure off (although we would always encourage parents to spend time with their children wherever possible!).
8. Stronger drive to perform to their very best Because private tuition means the instructor is really focused on the success of the student, students are far more likely to have an increased drive to perform to the very best of their ability.
9. Safe environment for open discussion Sometimes students may not be as willing to ask questions in a large class, but working with a private tutor gives them more confidence and the freedom to speak out.
10. Students get taught by innovative methods Because private tuition is one-to-one, tutors are willing to experiment with new teaching styles that work more effectively for the student.